Personal data is processed when this website is accessed and used as well as when contact is made by e-mail, letter, fax or telephone. The data processing takes place in accordance with the following
Data protection declaration
The definitions pursuant to Art. 4 DSGVO apply to the following data protection declaration.
The processing of personal data is carried out by WACH UND MECKES und Partner Rechtsanwälte PartGmbB and all its employees (hereinafter "WACH UND MECKES").
Controller is the law firm:
WACH UND MECKES und Partner Rechtsanwälte PartGmbB
T +49 89 1 222 464 0
F +49 89 1 222 464 99
The company’s data protection officer Peter Rother can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. Purposes and legal bases of the processing when accessing and using the website as well as when contacting WACH UND MECKES by e-mail, letter, fax or telephone
The processing of personal data by WACH UND MECKES is carried out exclusively for the purpose of processing the request made by the data subject and for the purpose of initiating a mandate.
The legal bases for the processing of personal data are as follows:
- Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b) DSGVO, as far as the processing of the personal data is necessary for pre-contractual measures that take place at the request of the data subject, as well as
- Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) DSGVO, as far as WACH UND MECKES has a legitimate interest in the processing; this is in particular to provide the functioning and secure operation of the website as well as for the enforcement of our own rights against the data subject.
D. Categories of personal data processed
I. Categories in general
Categories of personal data processed are:
- inventory data (e.g. names, addresses, functions, organizational affiliation),
- contact data (e.g. e-mail, telephone/fax numbers),
- content data (e.g. text input, image files, videos),
- usage data (e.g. access data), as well as
- meta/communication data (e.g. IP-adresses).
II. Personal data processed by form of processing
1. Data processing when accessing and using the website
a) Log files
Each time a data subject accesses our website, general data and information are stored in the log files of our system:
- date and time of access (timestamp),
- request details and destination address (log version, HTTP-methode, Referer, UserAgent-String),
- name of the retrieved file and amount of data transferred (requested URL including Query-String, size in byte), as well as
- message whether the retrieval was successful (HTTP Status Code).
Temporary cookies/session cookies
On our website, so-called temporary cookies or session cookies are exclusively used for the operation of the website and are automatically deleted as soon as the data subject closes his browser. This type of cookie makes it possible to record the session ID of the data subject. This allows various requests from the browser to be assigned to a common session and makes it possible to recognize the device of the data subject during subsequent visits to the website.
Browser settings configuration
For the hosting services used by WACH UND MECKES (e.g. infrastructure and platform services, computing capacity, storage space and database services, security services and technical maintenance services), WACH UND MECKES or the processor processes inventory data, contact data, content data, contract data, usage data as well as meta and communication data of data subjects accessing this website.
2. Data processing when contacting WACH UND MECKES by e-mail, letter, fax or telephone
If the data subject contacts WACH UND MECKES by e-mail, the data transmitted by the data subject (e.g. surname, first name, address), but at least the e-mail address, as well as the information contained in the e-mail together with any personal data transmitted by the data subject will be stored. In addition, the IP address of the retrieving computer as well as the date and time of the e-mail will be collected by the system of WACH UND MECKES.
b) Letter and fax
If the data subject contacts WACH UND MECKES by letter or fax, the data transmitted by the data subject (e.g. surname, first name, address) and the information contained in the letter or fax together with any personal data transmitted by the data subject will be stored.
If the data subject contacts WACH UND MECKES by telephone, the data transmitted by the data subject (e.g. surname, first name, address) and the information conveyed in the telephone call are collected and the telephone number and other meta/communication data are stored.
E. Categories of recipients of personal data
WACH UND MECKES forwards personal data to processors pursuant to article 28 DSGVO (e.g. computer centers, IT service providers, print service providers, telephone service providers, waste disposal companies) as well as to other recipients for the purpose of processing the request made by the data subject and for the purpose of initiating a mandate.
WACH UND MECKES will not forward personal data to third parties for purposes other than those already listed and those listed below:
- Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a) DSGVO, as far as the data subject has given his express consent,
- Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) DSGVO, as far as it is necessary to forward the personal data for the purpose to assert, exercise or defend a legal claim and there is no reason to assume that the data subject has an overriding legitimate interest,
- Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c) DSGVO, as far as the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject, as well as
- Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b) DSGVO, as far as processing is legally permissible and necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
F. Period of storage of personal data
Personal data will be stored as long as necessary due to processing the request made by the data subject or the initiation of the mandate as well as due to statutory storage periods (e.g. section 147 AO).
G. Rights of the data subjects
The data subjects are granted rights as follows:
- Right of access by the data subject (article 15 DSGVO),
- Right to rectification (article 16 DSGVO),
- Right to erasure (article 17 DSGVO),
- Right to restriction of processing (article 18 DSGVO),
- Right to data portability (article 20 DSGVO),
- Right to object if the data processing is based on article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. e) or f) DSGVO (article 21 DSGVO); see also the separate reference to the right of objection pursuant to article 21 DSGVO under I, as well as
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (article 77 DSGVO).
H. Possible consequences of failure to provide personal data
If personal data is not provided, the request made by the data subject or the initiation of the mandate may not or only to a limited extent be executed.
I. Reference to the right of objection pursuant to article 21 DSGVO
I. Right to object on grounds relating to the particular situation of the data subject
The data subject shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her which is based on article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. e) or f), including profiling based on those provisions. WACH UND MECKES will then no longer process the personal data unless WACH UND MECKES demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
II. Right to object regarding direct marketing
Where WACH UND MECKES processes personal data for direct marketing purposes, the data subject shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. WACH UND MECKES will then no longer process personal data for such purposes.
III. Exercise of the right to object
The right to object may be exercised informally, for example by mail or e-mail, vis-à-vis WACH UND MECKES or an authorized representative of WACH UND MECKES.